I live now with my husband in Poland in a nice region in the North, called Trójmiasto (Tricity – Gdansk, Sopot and Gdynia). In our surroundings, the Winter can be really hard. We had a lot of snow and dark days. This was my first Winter here. But the nice side was the beautiful snow! All was white, and when the sun comes out it was really nice light for the feelings.
Winter time is time to take all a bit more slowly. Time to think and plan.
It was time to think and plan…
Now the Winter is gone, just a few cold days still and the Spring will be here present not just on the calendar, but in the real life. The sun and nature are giving us gifts that are good for the eyes and soul. All coming back to show the life and the power that is inside so delicates small plants. The first flowers, the trees getting green and the stork familys are back! Welcome back!
Now is time to realize it!
Time to realize all plans! And here it is: maggionary.com! Long time I was planning this blog. What can be a reason to start a Blog? Well, I have more than one:
Long time I was planning this blog. What can be a reason to start a Blog? Well, I have more than one:
- I love crafts and DIY! I like so much go in shops that sell all for it, like a haberdashery and hobby shops, and I also enjoy visit blogs about all art of crafts and DIY. Some are so nice and lovely done! I see there so many ideas. So, why don’t share with others also my ideas and works?
- I love to try new cakes, desserts, foods and healthy stuff. So, always I have something new, I like to share with you!
- Travel and new places are fascinating. I visit many places and travel with ships, what was an amazing experience. I like to write you how it was and what in one of this trips change my life!
- I worked in the IT sector, many years programming and now that I’m here in Poland, I miss a bit do something in this direction. So, I merge this two things: IT and hobby.
- If you take a look on the right side up in the website navigation, you will see that I’m doing this website in four languages. Why? Because I read so many nice posts that are in only one language and sometimes I would like to send an idea to a friend, but she read only one another language… So, I decide to invest my time also for my friends in other countries like Germany and Brazil. If you are reading it in English, so you can be from soooo many countries. I just like to thank you for be my guest here!
- Finally, maybe you ask why so many themes? Because life have so many fascinating sides that would be difficult (impossible!) that I commit to writing about only one subject! 😉
The Name and the Dragonfly!
It’s being an amazing experience to set up this blog. One part of it was to create a name and a logo. Well, I have to say that it was a challenge until I came to the name MAGGIONARY. This name is a combination of my nickname: Maggie and the word visionary (a person with original ideas about what the future will or could be like) and imaginary (pretend, make-believe). The logo have a dragonfly after I had made many, many other logos, this is the one I like the most! A flying dragonfly.
Why a dragonfly?
Because it is one of the most amazing insects I know and it always fascinates me when I see one. I read and watch programs about him and it is amazing what he can do.
I have one post about it, but here short the Symbolism and Meaning of a Dragonfly:
- Maturity and a Depth of character
- Power and Poise
- Defeat of Self Created Illusions
- Focus on living ‘IN’ the moment
- The opening of one’s eyes
Because he is connected with so many positive meanings I choose it to be part of my logo. Hope you can enjoy observe a dragonfly in nature and recognize all these nice qualities.
I invite you to be a part of maggionary.com with your comments, questions, suggestions and emails. Sign up the newsletter to receive the news.
Thank you for being my guest!